Sunday, October 25, 2009

Bad News

Well Will took me out for supper last night in Terre Haute since he actually got a Saturday off! We came home, and I decided to shut my phone off (which I never do) and when I woke up this morning, and turned it on, the first thing that I saw was "your dad is in the hospital." I flipped!! My dad like I said before, is the Commander of a Drug/Vice unit, he has to deal with alot of shady people, who are strung out on drugs. My first thought was that he had been shot. Well, no shots, but he has an infection somewhere, and his kidneys are trying to fail him. Dad has diabetes, and has a hard time keeping his sugar under control.

I hate not being there for my dad. Doctors say that he will be there at least 3 days, I am assuming to wait for the cultures. He is on an insulin drip with glucose, two antibiotics, plus on some pain meds after they gave him the spinal.... poor dad!

His white blood count is like 2900 and hopefully the antibiotics start helping soon. My dad doesn't have a spleen so when he gets sick, HE'S SICK!

I guess if push comes to shove, I have a few days outta class next week, maybe I can just take off down there to see him.



Ashley

1 comments:

Dawn said...

I hope he gets better soon!